West Somerset Railway are offering a Local Residents Railcard to allow locals cheaper rail travel.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download the Local Residents Railcard application form here or contact us on 01643 704996 to request a printed application form. Application forms can also be collected from all West Somerset Railway Stations (excluding Doniford Halt) and Taunton Tourist Information Centre.
CONDITIONS OF USE
Local Resident's Railcards can only be used for Standard Travel tickets on the West Somerset Railway. They cannot be used for WSR Special Events (Galas, Thomas, Santa Trains etc) or for Special Services (Fish & Chips Specials, Murder Mystery etc).
The WSR Local Resident's Railcard cannot be used on any buses.
CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION
Please ensure that you provide the West Somerset Railway with a full colour original passport style photograph for each person. The photograph must be:
- Close to 35mm x 35mm, on proper photographic paper (home computer photographic paper is not acceptable).
- Full colour only with the name of the person written on the reverse.
- Showing only the face taken from the front.
- You must be a Council Tax payer in the area covered by TA1, TA2, TA3, TA4, TA21, TA23 and TA24 postcodes, and must show proof of this by providing either a copy of a utility bill or Council tax bill (this can be a photocopy).
- Please allow three working days for applications paid for by card and cash to be processed. Please allow seven working days for applications paid for by cheque.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ISSUE
I understand that this entitles me the holder to 25% off Standard Travel on the West Somerset Railway for two years from the date of issue.
I understand that the WSR Local Resident's Railcard cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount scheme, travel voucher, Gold or Silver pass.
The card remains the property of the WSR plc and has to be surrendered to the WSR plc If requested.